lady in plaid


Vintage dress, Anthropologie Fanfare Platforms and belt, circa 2011
This is one of my favourite kinds of plaid shirtdresses- the range of overlapping colours in a similar family, the crisp cut (and forgiving full skirt) and endless possibilities for colour pairings. I was lucky enough to find this beautiful range of browns at a second hand store-it was not only inexpensive but it fit me off the rack!  How often does that happen? 



I usually wear this dress with more brightly coloured tights for some fun and contrast, but I am very lazy and this dark berry (which I guess you can't actually see) is the colour that I found myself clutching in the darkness early this underslept morn... It brought out some different tones in the plaid, so that was cool. Most of my hoarded shoes are also at work, so I pulled out this old pair from Anthro to take this photo.  I think I need to actually wear these again, or more often- I was surprised at how comfortable they are. I had forgotten since I`ve just been wearing whatever is at work (see above: lazy) but these are great!



I looooooooove this plaid.  Kudos to my friend Wendy (@archiverie) for alerting me to its existence online last year.  The colours are fabulous and pretty much encapsulate my colour palette (minus the mustard).  I tried to sneak a picture at work and it's a bit blurry using the timed shutter on my phone.  But isn't that fireplace fabulous?

Comments