disheveled december...



2014 is finally limping out of orbit, or rather coughing and hacking it's way out.  December was chaos, without and within, and then the minute Christmas was over, I of course settled cozily on the couch to enjoy some quiet time and got sick. I haven't left the house in days!  It's just been 'My Cat from Hell' marathons and a little bit of fevered reading. I'm trying to look at some of the pretty design books I got for Christmas as inspiration towards 2015, but instead I'm a coughing sweaty mess, and getting fatter by the day since we only seem to have leftover sweets in the house. blergh.

blergh
I just watched the delightful movie Frances Ha  (2012), and it makes me feel a little better knowing that someone more dysfunctional than I(but only just) could turn things around (if only just).  Maybe I just need to go back to taking the occasional dance class? Frances is pretty much me, a socially awkward lazy free spirit with a propensity for messiness and falling.  Except she can actually dance and has better arms and hair and she's a mere child at 27.  The movie is funny and charming and makes me want to run and do jetées down the street as I once did.  I almost died laughing at an early scene- I do not recommended watching funny movies with an out-of-control chest cough!


 

I have been neglecting this space, and missing reading and looking at pretty things online. But somewhere along the way my three little plants died and I lost all the comments on this damn blog going back 4 years. Sigh.  2015 has GOT to be better than this!



The only thing that always makes me happy is looking at a little colour, so without further ado, a little messy chartreuse and mustard for you!

At work- plaid and sparkles:

Ancient F21 mustard skirt, vintage plaid blouse, Anthropologie Osona collar
  

Dressed up for a little fun at my local Anthropologie's festive evening for customers (the best food!)

Anthropologie/Nanette Lepore dress, Osona collar, J Crew cardigan
 

And finally a forgivingly stretchy Christmas dinner outfit, featuring prezzies from my manfriend and my sister:

Anthropologie Pinnacle Textured dress (most over the top name ever!?) and I must ask my sister where she got this honeycomb necklace...

Here's to finding our way in the new year! Or at least some dancing in the streets...! 
(p.s. I think the comments field is working again- I love hearing from you!) Argh- I spoke too soon!  Mysteriously the old comments are back (yay!) but there's no comment field for this post?  Sigh- and I'm the technophile at work...  Maybe next year! 

Comments