the one that didn't get away...

Anthropologie Osona collar, J Crew schoolboy blazer and silk skirt, distractingly bright tights, thrifted boots
Osona collar, by Ranna Gill
So I haven't dared to wear this in any more overt way yet, but one of the most stunning items in Anthropologie's stunning October 2012 catalogue was this jewelled collar by Ranna Gill. To get things started, I've tried to wear it more subtly to get used to the look.  Man, I love blazers- they let you wear anything, giving this a sort of quiet, sparkly professor feel. Necklaces seem to be the hardest things to catch on sale at Anthropologie- often by the time the price goes down, these things have disappeared, never to be seen again.  Perhaps I am sensitive because the first ever thing I desired from Anthropologie was this Ursula necklace by Lee Angel, way back in 2006.  It took me a couple of days to round up an address I could ship to in the US and by then it was gone forever. D'oh!

ultimate sadness


For this beauty, I watched as the stock online dwindled to nothing, hoping I could wait long enough to use my birthday discount in March.  Nope.  That sucker was gone by early February, so I trundled off to my local store where I knew they had one, having pulled it out occasionally for display.  Fortunately I had a bunch of online returns so no actual monies exchanged hands!  This piece is so beautiful and colourful, with a lovely floral fabric on the underside and a soft weight. I look forward to displaying it front and center with a few other things once I'm comfortable with the statement-iness of it.  I see it working well with these recent dresses:



Ranna Gill was already on my radar from previous fabulous necklace designs, mixing textiles and colour like the Ocean Tubes necklace from last summer:



And coincidentally, a recent outfit with this piece, copying my childhood ballet teacher and her stunning array of pastel wrap sweaters (probably the one thing I took away from Miss Curry's class, sadly):


Jackie cardigan, Joe Fresh striped tee, F21 skirt, Aldo pumps
Now if only I could get my hands on this one that also got away...

Ranna Gill Navala necklace

Comments

  1. Wow, that necklace is stunning! I've really been into collars lately too! They go with every outfit, and I am going to go ahead and call them a "librarian-wear" staple. See? That's so lucid I should get my own "fashion police" type of show :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment