radical neutrals! (and another green dress...)



The beauty of building a closetful of sometimes similarly toned items means you can throw them all on at the same time, right? Pattern-play love. Now I just need to sell myself on making this gorgeous cardigan play with colours too!
Vintage knit dress, Anthropologie Lace-Framed cardigan and Geo sweater tights and Chie Mihara oxfords
I can't say I've been very inventive in dressing these days- this must be the coldest, snowiest winter in some time, so a lot of those all-season pieces I'd like to be wearing are just waiting for warmer days.  Sigh.  Gotta stop looking at sweaterdresses...though I did get to try on this lovely cuddly piece I've been eyeing for ages:

Lousa shift by Ganni


Or rather, I spent several months desiring THIS dress on the Anthropologie.eu site, but couldn't buy it since they don't ship overseas.  Now it seems they're finally offering it in these parts, in a slightly longer cut, which is probably for the better, though seemingly less a-line unfortunately.

Verdant dress by Ganni, from Anthropologie.eu
My store only got the blue version, so I have to try and imagine the awesomeness potential of a rich green. It's a very thick textured ponte knit, with long sleeves and an exposed back zip.  I'm not positive it's the most flattering cut on me, but it was super comfortable and I have a feeling the fibres might relax  into a more drapey silhouette after a couple of wears. This is an XS and normally with knits I go with a S, but it was huge.

It's a very nice cornflower blue if you like that sort of thing :)
or even better in 'green'!

Comments