silks and other soft stuff...


I was apparently so inspired that I ended up wearing almost the same thing twice this week.  I mean, it's not like I'm at a loss for variety!  But when something works, it's kinda convenient to fall back on the same elements.  And when it's silk...well...it's a weakness. I can't resist that liquid sway.

On a whim, I paired this classic skirt from J Crew with a basic fitted flannel shirt one morning.  I liked the tactile quality of the fabrics together.  And I'm fairly certain you can't lose with chartreuse tights, right?


J Crew Liquid Silk skirt, Joe Fresh Flannel shirt, vintage sweater chain, Madewell tights, Indigo shes
I was so happy swishing around in the skirt (in a very serious and mature grown-up way, I'm sure...) that I pulled it out again today, this time with a snuggly cashmere sweater and  a touch of trompe l'oeil.  So decadent.  This time the tights are more of a soft butterscotch hue- it would have been nice to try something in the purple realm, but maybe next time!

J Crew Liquid Silk skirt and Crewcuts Tipsy Turvy popover, Hue Tights, Indigo shoes
So, uh, I guess I have no other deep reflections to share.  Apparently the time I have spent filling and emptying my shopping cart on the Anthropologie site in preparation for this week's Black Friday sale has made my brain mushy (soft like cashmere, and insubstantial like silk).  The upshot is I have mostly talked myself out of buying anything much, though I did grab the Honeycomb Lace dress for my office Christmas party next week! Anyone else taking advantage of some sweet BF deals?

Anthropologie Honeycomb Lace dress by Yoana Baraschi

Comments