some of the best OOTD photos ever...

Or at least I think so, because I am on location and enjoying some relaxing summer days at the cottage!  Last year I documented a planned wardrobe and then never actually posted any pictures (oops) though it was useful for packing again this year!  I like the way this laid-back island inspires a softer, more bohemian quality to getting dressed.  I can get a little obsessive and persnickety through the year about colours and details, and spend most of my time dressing for work instead of play (though that in itself is fun!) It's nice to suddenly work from a reduced number of pieces, and I usually make sure to pack things that just aren't getting enough wear, so it's like discovering them all over again.  I don't mind getting to throw in some new thrifted treasures too!
 
For the 12-hour car ride:
 Old Navy striped tank, Gap striped scarf, J Crew camp pocket cardigan, F21 olive skirt, hush puppies wedges

For a trip into town (which thankfully included brief stopover #1 to Value Village):

J Crew gingham shirt, F21 skirt, wooden bead necklace, the great outdoors

And for the best ever:
a sunset nap in a favourite floral housedress, after a long hot sunny day on the beach!

vintage floral sundress in shades of berry and mint
This place is full of quiet beauty (ahem, and earwigs) so I hope to share some more with you in the next couple of weeks.  Plus more vacation dressing.  I could get used to this...

Comments