green is in the details...


I guess I haven't been posting much lately, which is silly since I have actually been making more effort to get pictures outside (you know, while I'm still in that sweet 'long days of summer' phase, before winter forces me back into the fluorescently-lit hallways!) Anyway, this week's VIP was definitely the Wooden Pennant necklace, which arrived on Monday (via a store send, since bizarrely it was unavailable to ship outside the states- I guess because of the wood?).  It has made itself the key detail of 3 outfits already!  I sure hope there isn't some weird societal angst about re-wearing the same jewellery...'cause I wouldn't care anyway.  It's so hot outside that anything heavier feels oppressive, and the cheery colour and shape just seem to work well with, surprise, a green-lovin' wardrobe!

Anthropologie Wooden Pennant necklace and Pointilist Pond blouse, J Crew Liquid Silk skirt, Hush Puppies wedges
While out and about we found some beautiful colour moments too- love those long summer sunsets!



A few months ago, through the magic of the EA trade board, I was able to finally get my hands on the gorgeous silk Tessera dress that I missed out on last spring. It makes a lovely light dress for summer, and while the nigh-boho print is somewhat different, the structure of the dress and detailing makes it feel totally like a 'me' piece.

Anthropologie Tessera dress and Wooden Pennant necklace, J Crew Jackie cardigan, Hush Puppies wedges
 

And then, well, yesterday I was heading out for some errands and just needed a little something to finish off the look...definitely all in the details!
Saturday afternoon wanderings and readings



Comments