wearing red...

J Crew Caramel blazer, Anthropology Instant Classic tee, thrifted wool skirt, Chie Mihara Ramsita oxfords
 

I am so clueless when it comes to reds-  I guess I'm pretty particular about shades are acceptable (uh, basically just bright tomato), and wear it seldom because it makes me feel a little like Mrs. Claus.  The only colours I ever manage to pair it with are black or tan!  But I found this gorgeous structured a-line wool skirt on a particularly sweltering summer day last year- it was a lucky thrift find alongside my go-to green wool skirt.  It is indeed, um, rather festive, but I think the polka dots help to remove that association.  As you can see though, I wasn't very creative when it came to my colour mixing.  I've seen others adeptly manage shades of red, but can't for the life of me think of how to do it myself.  What do you suggest?

Comments