sad face and winter florals...

Anthropologie Graublau blazer, thrifted dress, non-name scarf, cozy J Crew rust tights, Indigo boots
Winter florals make me happy- while building hope for the far-off spring thaw, they force you to experiment with layers and cozy fabrics.  I had a great-aunt, a painter, who would change her living room colours for winter and summer- always in a range of florals, but in different colour schemes to reflect the changing light and mood.  I'm not organized enough to do that with my own home (hell, the couch still isn't properly upholstered...) but it's fun to play with prints.  I have somewhere in the region of a gazillion scarves to choose from (never enough, though), and I love the effect of similar prints and tones layered together.  It would also be great to work in some contrast next time, especially with this liberty print.  I'm thinking navy polka-dots...
Liberty for Target shift dress,  J Crew navy cardigan and green belt, Fornarina green pumps, vintage Vera scarf


Ah, then why the sad face, you ask?  Well, I was supposed to get an Anthropologie store in November (yay Christmas!) and then opening was delayed to March (yay birthday!) and now there is just no date listed at all! :( 

And the saddest phrase in the world? "Unfortunately, there are no stores within at least 100 miles of the search query provided."  sigh...

Comments