versatile?

Some very sweet and stylish ladies have passed along the versatile blogger award, thanks Gabby and Jess and Minnesota Maven!! It's a nice idea to post some new blog finds and get to know people.  I'm usually pretty skittish and shy about passing things along, but I think maybe it's a good opportunity to give a shout-out to some 7 of my favourite vintage 'suppliers' that supplement my anthropologie 'collecting.'

I am also to open up and let you know 7 things about myself...eeps. uh, y'all know my favourite colour and all but...

- I adore mixing salty and sweet, so pickles and sweet tea make a yummy treat

-I happened to visit Expo 88 in Australia on Canada day and won a trip...to Canada. This was quickly altered to a trip BACK to Australia but I never got to take it.  Hey Quantas, how about for the 25th anniversary?

-My dear manfriend and I have been together for 18 years...which makes me older than I feel!

-I could probably wear a different dress/skirt every day of the year without buying anything new (not that I could try...) and not that that's a surprise to anyone!

-I have a purple birthmark on my left eye, like a splash of paint, that will eventually appear in some photo here.  I usually forget it's there but I feel like it's part of me and couldn't imagine trying to have it removed (as sweet little old ladies and rude men are wont to suggest).

- I grew up without a tv and became a voracious speed reader, finishing an average novel in an hour (I can't actually savour books I like, I just have to reread them several times! Which I do...)

-My career goal as a teenager was to become a hermit, just writing and reading all day in the woods a la Thoreau.  I think you have to achieve a certain financial freedom first though...

I think amongst the Anthropologie fans out there we know each other pretty well, and I think the versatile blogger award has turned me on to some others!  I thought I should also reveal some of my favourite vintage Etsy sellers, who also have blogs featuring their personal style and shop updates- this is usually where I found them first!  They have some incredible finds-





and a couple of just awesome stylish inspirations (I was never very good at math...)

Thanks guys!

Comments

  1. Aw, Your are welcome Sarah <3 But The Thanks goes out to you on my part. You are such a sweet person. And I know I ALWAYS tell you this you are the "Best Dresser" hands down. I am so jealous of your wardrobe! ( in a good Jealous way ) :) I too love to read. It's like getting on a magic carpet ride for me. takes me to all of the places I read about. And I get really mad when I don't let a book wait several days to read. I finish within hours. bad Right? It was nice to get to know you more <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it! You're just as intriguing as your outfits suggest. Loved reading about you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so lovely to read! I found lots of similarities between us - I too wanted to be a hermit and write out in the middle of nowhere, and I am also a speed reader (due to no TV as a child as well) and reread my books several times :) I loved that you won a trip to Canada... hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can read a whole book in an hour?? That's amazing. I laughed when I read about your Expo 88 experience! too funny! Fingers crossed with Qantas and the 25th anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pickles and sweet tea?? I love salty and sweet (and sour) but I don't know if I could try that! Also, congrats on 18 years together! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, thanks for the list of your vintage prowls! I'm a salty-sweeter too. My sis-in-law grew up in Southern Virginia and made these "white trash appetizers" one year for Thanksgiving. Wheat thins, PB, sweet pickle on top. I refuse, until the turkey took 3 hours longer than expected. Then I popped one in my mouth and seriously, they're good.
    You're reading skillz are damn impressive. 18 years is a long time with your manfriend! Congrats. Loved hearing about your excess of skirts...made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea! I love getting to know lil facts about my favorite bloggers:) I'm right there with you when It comes to sweet and salty!
    Thx for including my shop! Very sweet of you!
    Xoxo, Karyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment