short week!

What a strange week- I was only at work for 2 days (after working 27 hours of overtime last week) but man does it ever feel like they were long days anyway!  Maybe because I haven't a hope of catching up for, I don't know, a month or so?!  I ended up staying late tonight anyway...

I was inspired by the EBEW folks to continue polka-dotting through the week.  Yesterday, I finally paired the ruffled plaid with polka dots and I loved it!
Gap ruffled-plaid blouse, Anthropologie Peppered and Striped skirt, H&M maroon tights, black Indigo boots
Then today, keeping with the dots, I went for some all-out colour, to distract from the misery that is the rainy, slushy outside world (why does ma nature always follow a generous heap of snow with rain, rain, rain, thus ensuring that where it ain't slick and iced over there shall be foot-deep puddles?
Anthropologie Button-Back blouse, J Crew 'neon olive' cardigan and Nightfall pencil skirt, Chie Mihara teal bow shoes
The rainy, slushy world must mean it`s my birthday week,  yup... I don't know if the sun ever shines on March 9, but for slush lovers it`s a bonanza!  And come to think of it, maybe my over-consumption of birthday Froot Loops (a tradition going way, way back) may have had some influence on the polka-dotting and bright colours!  Time to top-up my supply- the week isn`t over yet!!

Speaking of which, I caved to the allure of my first B-Day discount card from Anthro and cleared out my wishlist with a few colourful, spring-y popbacks :
Roses in the Rain shirt, Cockatoo Kaleidoscope skirt, Amhara skirt

Comments

  1. A belated happy birthday and kudos to you on keeping up the polka dots all week. What kind of work do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday (a couple of days late)! I love your polka dots! The Ruffled plaid top looks great with the peppered and striped skirt. LOVE the combo! Great colors (and shoes:) in outfit #2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My! I am so sorry! Happy Belated Birthday (now I feel horrid) <3
    I hope all of your wishes come true. You are "The best" Dressed person. You always blow me away with your clothing. I would love to see your closet!!! The second outfit is absolutely awesome. The Cardigan, The tights,The shoes, Oh My! It's just too yummy for words! All I can say at this point is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Sarah! I love love love both of the outfits, but the colors of the second one are just singing to me! It's really, really wonderful. You look stunning. =) Can't wait to see how you style your new pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday sarah. I love both you outfits. I love the touch of yellow on you.
    Enjoy your weekend my friend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Sarah! I love the pieces you chose with your bday discount. And I adore the outfits. You mixed the patterns of the first one beautifully and the second one has an excellent color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the well-wishes, kids ;P heh...I'm not a huge birthday celebrator, but I will try and milk it by quietly treating myself all week long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Pisces are my peeps. :-0

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant :-)

    I never knew what :-0 means *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I certainly do hope you had a fabulous birthday. These new purchases are lovely! I'm especially intrigued to hear your thoughts on the Cockatoo Kaleidoscope Skirt. Ahh, that Olive cardigan with the teal shoes? I've died and gone to heaven. Hope you're caked-out from all the celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated Birthday, lady! I am in love with your gorgeous, colourful purchases. I can't wait to see them photographed on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment