doves and cockatoos...

It's  a weird time of year- I'm less likely to want to wear my heavier winter clothing, but then we just got a mega dumping of beautiful christmas-sy snow outside.  This morning I compromised on soft, spring-y dove greys and lavenders (with a little teal for contrast) but my heart is yearning for bright, funky florals.  I think I just need to mix the two more, so I can get in the textures and colours of spring (soft draping blouses, pastels, vibrant brights and florals) while still working through my wool pencil skirts and cardigans.

I treated myself to this blouse a few weeks ago- I love the soft grey-lavender tone, and the gorgeous little peter pan collar.  I really don't have anything like it in my repertoire, and I think it has a lot of 30's era potential with longer draping skirts too, or for dramatic contrast with bright colours (orange, I'm talking to you...).
Gap Peter Pan collar blouse
Gap Peter Pan blouse, J Crew Dove Grey pencil skirt, Whistles lavender cardigan (via Beacon's Closet), teal Chie Mihara's
I was also pretty excited to come home and find some of my birthday purchases had arrived already (thanks for your incredible help Shannon!)  I am thrilled with Tibi's Cockatoo Kaleidoscope skirt that started out at Anthropologie in the $200+ range, and was eventually marked down so I could get it for under $60 with my discount.  The fabric is thick and substantial, it has pockets and a well-tailored waistband.  It's short, but not ridiculously so.  The colours are rich and bright...Love!

 
(it's no longer listed online, but sizes 6-12 are still in stock.  I'd say it fits true to size, item #013302)

Comments

  1. That skirt is amazing! I seriously love the colours... and the print is TDF! What a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful skirt--love the colors and the print! And yay for pockets! What a great birthday present! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both new pieces! Awesome colors/pattern on the skirt and the perter pan collar is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The Peter Pan top is Adorable and the skirt has such brilliant colors. Congrats on your score. Definitely ready for warm weather right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that Tibi skirt looks amazing on you - the colours are really striking. The blouse is a versatile piece and I can see here that it goes well with pale colours as well as brights. I love peter pan collars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous skirt!! I'm noticing the Gap is getting it right again! I'm gonna have to check them out again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh, what a great skirt. and the top will be quite versatile!

    i think we may get some sort of wintery mix on wednesday, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Tibi skirt. Beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luuuuvs it! The skirt and peter pan collar are both so cute on you

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! Even more because the skirt was purchased at a deal price. The peter pan shirt is a great purchase, I can see you using it in many different outfits, it seems very you to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blouse is both lovely and unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks folks- starting to feel a little spring-y-er already...just gotta go with more and more colour I think!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been eyeballing that skirt myself! You look fantastic in that skirt - it has a retro vibe but it also flirty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh lady, you've caused some serious skirt envy on my end. That little showpiece is GORGEOUS! And on you it looks fantastic. I can't believe you got it for under $60. It needs to be encased in glass and worshipped...like a beautiful piece of art. Loving the Peter Pan collared tank as well. Very cool vibes flowing 'round you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried that same top in the store as well. It's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww... that GAP top is so awesome! the collar is adorable and it might just look good with everything!besos,

    ML

    Join the Easiest Blog Project Ever at:

    Twenty York Street

    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment