contemporarian librarian (in love)



I first saw this dress, unnamed and unloved, in January when the lovely Lisa tried it on with a bunch of other gorgeous dresses.  Even in a blurry photo (actually, I love this photo and I find it so evocative of mystery...)I could tell from the sketchy checks and unusual earth-tone palette that it could be for me...I stalked it until it finally appeared on the Anthropologie site, and it just got more and more beautiful to me.  I loved the wide-shouldered look, and fitted waist, and simple drape to the skirt, the decorative back looked like it might be troublesome but it was a nice detail.  I waited as more reviews rolled in, but it still wasn't clear what size I should take (I can't make returns, so things better fit first time around!)

When the dress abruptly sold out online a few weeks ago, I panicked and called a store to have one shipped (size 2- the safe size!)(Pennsylvania- no sales tax- good to know!). I just received it today with the second part of my package from Shannon, and it is absolutely, absolutely perfect.  No tailoring required anywhere, no regrets.  sigh.  love.


heh...didn't even bother steaming out the wrinkles before photographing it...

Comments

  1. This dress looks gorgeous on you! Wow! I love the back.

    No sales tax in Oregon either:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fabulous on you **so jealous**!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally unfair. I AM a librarian and I don't hav that dress.
    Sucks for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable, and it is such a great match with those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The detail on the back is gorgeous! What a lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress on you! It's a perfect fit, the back is such a nice detail, it adds a sexy touch to the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress on you.The shoes are also awesome and go perfect with this dress. As always I agree, Sheer Perfection. Congtats Sarah. You look amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dress on you...absolutely stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh, this just looks breathtaking on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for tracking down this dress Sarah! You know, when i first saw this dress on the website, I instantly had you in mind...i kid you not. This dress has you written all over it. It's got a libarian-chic look to it, which suits you to a T. I REALLY wanted this dress as well. I was thinking how good it would look with a trench over :-) Sadly, i missed out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Sarah-this is STUNNING on you! Our store never got this dress and I so wanted it. Perhaps now I'll have to stalk too. You are so bad for me. BAD!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful piece on you - and that back on you is fantastic, I love it, and I LOVE you in it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. (blushes) thanks girls, you're so sweet!

    Isn't it great when something just works like you knew and dreamed it would...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is simply stunning. The back is the most charming feature to my eye. You are a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The back of this dress is very sexy, haha 8-), it look so innocent from the front. You look perfect in this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I adore this dress on you. This looks amazing, the fit of the dress and the details on the back... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely dress, and love your booties!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Sarah, no wonder you fell in love with it. It was meant to be yours. It fits you like a glove.
    You look so pretty my dear friend.
    Have a grand weekend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a brilliant choice for you on so many levels! Glad it finally made its way to your closet. It's simply stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it, and the surpise at the back. Thanks for sharing the photos and drop by me too, soon.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! I never got the chance to try on this dress (they didn't have it at my store) but I wish I did. It looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment