white frothy things



















I'm babysitting the nephews tonight (boys are dirty, nasty-smelling things! But sweet.) and ended up watching a couple of episodes of "Say yes to the dress" with my mom. I don't know that she's ever experienced reality shows, so she had this great appalled/ fascinated look on her face all evening. I've always said that my family should just throw the man and I a surprise wedding if they really want one!
I can't imagine investing so much in one day having to be so special, especially since new dresses still don't seem to have the same quality of fabric and detailing as vintage. That doesn't prevent me from occasionally wondering what fabulous vintage frock might make such an event worth considering. I've always been drawn to white with black details, like the classic Sabrina dress Audrey Hepburn wore, but then, you can throw a sash over anything!

I must say, I really love the final ebay frock, but it's a wee bit small!





Comments

  1. Oh my, that last eBay frock is *amazing*. But a 28" bust! Oh my!! My 13 year-old self would have been able to fit in that...perhaps. But certainly not me now. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment on my blog Sarah! I think your blog may have been the one to push me over the edge and start one. Not sure if I am committed to it yet but I love reading blogs, and yours is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pieces. Especially that last dress. Oh man... I am normally of the opinion that it is best to be kind to one's body and not snark or lament but it makes me wish I was more lithe. The endless possibilities vintage could provide for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! My mother helpfully suggested I go 19th century and have a couple of ribs removed...

    Wow, Amelia, thanks! I love how increasingly everyone has an online presence- it is still somehow ridiculously democratic and organic. I started the blog to make myself string sentences together instead of flittering mindlessly from web site to web site. er...I still do that quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment